This recipe is extra special for our family, as the inspiration came from my Aunt Bebe! She is known for being my second mom, but also for her famous homemade salsa! While this is not her exact recipe, I’ve done my best to take her instructions and put them into a format that can be made and enjoyed by all.
Aunt Bebe's Salsa
This TOP 8 allergy-friendly salsa will have you craving Taco Tuesday every day!
- food processor
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes (set aside 1/2 can)
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced chipotle tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- Setting aside 1/2 can of tomatoes, combine all of the remaining ingredients into a food processor and PUREE.
- Pour the pureed mixture into a large bowl.
- Pour the 1/2 can of tomatoes into the food processor and CHOP. This will give the salsa a nice consistency.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes into the large bowl with the pureed mixture and stir well.
- Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips!
For Small Food Processors:
- STEPS 1 & 2 can be done in 3 smaller batches- The order of the ingredients does not matter. Pour each batch into a large bowl and mix well. Proceed to STEP 3.