Lone Star Caviar
Our Texas Caviar Dip is a favorite in Texas! This Cowboy Caviar can be served as a side salad or as an appetizer dip with tortilla chips.
- 1 15 oz can black-eyed peas (drained & rinsed)
- 1 15 oz can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel sweet corn (drained)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 jalapenos (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 avocados (diced)
- In a bowl, combine the peas, beans, corn, cilantro, jalapenos, bell pepper, and onion. Set aside.
- Whisk together the garlic, olive oil, lime juice, honey, cumin, and salt.
- Stir the dressing into the bean mixture.
- Add the avocado and gently toss.
- Chill for a minimum of 2 hours and serve cold as a salad or as a dip with tortilla chips.
If you won't be eating the Lone Star Caviar the same day it's being prepared, set aside your whole avocados. Dice and add them to the dip just a few hours before serving.